Reiki Level 1 (First Degree) One Day Training
2023 Dates: 22nd April, 7th May, 2nd July, 9th Sept, 12th Nov
Other dates available on request
Reiki Level 1 (First Degree)
Learn about, and receive an attunement to Reiki healing energy.
Reiki (pronounced Rey-Key) is an ancient healing art. Originally from Tibet it was lost and then re-discovered in the late 19th Century by Master Usui in Japan. An ‘energy therapy’ it is completely natural and promotes the body’s regenerative self healing ability.
The word Reiki means Universal Energy and has been recognised by eastern medicine for thousands of years.
Universal Energy flows through all living things and is vital to well-being. You may have already heard of Ki (Japan), Chi (China) and Prana (India) which are all words for Universal Energy. Accupuncture, Tai Chi and Yoga are also based on the free-flow of this energy in a person and Feng Shui directs this energy by placement of objects.
Reiki is a non-invasive therapy which treats holistically and returns balance to our energy and physical bodies. It is very gentle and a powerful complementary therapy that may be used with confidence alongside orthodox healthcare.
Benefits of a Reiki treatment
- excellent for stress it promotes deep relaxation and a calm, peaceful sense of well-being
- healing of problems on a mental, emotional and spiritual level with closer connection to inner wisdom
- pain relief and control
- accelerated wound healing
- supports positive choices such as improving diet, increasing exercise, taking time out
- may reduce the need for alcohol and tobacco
- enables focusing on goal
You will learn:
- The origins of Reiki and Master Usui’s vision for it’s use
-The five Reiki principles
-The traditional hand positions
-How to sense and read your aura
-The role of the chakras, and how to bring them in to balance
-Self healing techniques
… and more!
Included in the day:
- Reiki Level 1 manual
- Reiki Level 1 attunements
- Certificate of completion
- Refreshments – please bring lunch with you
- £85 for the day
- Pre-Course reading of approx 2 hours is required. Please register in time to complete this
-Your ongoing time and dedication to practice what you have learned, particularly over the following 28 days
-It is advisable not to drink alcohol for at 24 hours before your attunement
- attunements start a 21 day integration period - ideally avoid alcohol during this time too
Reiki Level 1 enables you to work on yourself, family, friends and pets for personal use, i.e. it doesn’t qualify you as a therapist or enable you to charge for treatments, Reiki Level 2 is required for this.
Reiki Level 1 is all about self-healing and self development. No previous experience is required, although it is recommended that you’ve experienced a few Reiki sessions prior to undertaking this first step on your Reiki journey. Prior sessions don’t need to have been with me however if you would like to enjoy a Reiki treatment with me before hand then please see my Reiki treatment page.
Choose which date you wish to book onto:
About your teacher
Dawn was attuned to Reiki 1 in 2005 and since then Reiki and working with energy has been one of the foundations of her life. Her training was part of a longer well-being week which she looks back on as being an ‘epiphany’ week. She has been on a personal and spiritual development journey every since and now coaches, mentors and teaches others. Read more of Dawn's background